As of October 1, 2014, Dr. Kalb will be consolidating her practice in Corte Madera. She will no longer be seeing clients in Benicia.
Sometimes, one size does not fit all.
You've decided to seek help and you’re entrusting a therapist with your most personal concerns. It is vitally important that the fit be right.
Hope and relief come quickly when you find a therapist you feel comfortable with, someone who "gets" you, and has the skills and experience you need.
With over twenty years of experience, I can help you move forward in your life. My approach to psychotherapy grows out of a deep conviction that there is an instinct towards growth and development in each of us. When that instinct is thwarted, people can become stuck and frustrated. You'll be encouraged to take another look at the story you tell about your life. Even if you were powerless in the past, it's possible to have some control in the present. You'll learn to respond thoughtfully -- rather than react self destructively -- to what life throws in your direction.
I'll help you be kind with yourself as you learn new tools and overcome even long entrenched patterns. And when you're faced with tragedy and loss, having a compassionate witness along with you can be enormously helpful.
My Specialties Include:
Facing yourself takes courage. It can also yield enormous benefits. Maybe you’re:
- limited by old messages playing in endless loops in your mind
- overcompensating for your parents' flaws
- in relationships that are unsatisfying
- feeling powerless or victimized
- disconnected from yourself or those you love
Perhaps you're doing well but want to take things to the next level. Are you:
- an artist struggling to overcome a creative block?
- a young adult trying to find your place in the world?
- a CEO wanting to transform the culture of your company?
Therapy can help you...
- Stop measuring yourself by other peoples’ yardsticks
- Develop resilience in the face of life’s inevitable obstacles
- Learn from your mistakes instead of being ashamed of them
- Experience your emotions, rather than ignoring them, or being overwhelmed by them
- Identify your own strengths and recognize when you’re moving in the right direction
- Address underlying psychological factors inhibiting your growth
- Recognize and dispute unhelpful beliefs which are keeping you stuck
I have broad training in several theoretical orientations, but am wedded to none. I'll work collaboratively and interactively with you, using empathy, flexibility, insight and humor to craft a treatment plan tailored to your unique strengths and needs
Find out if therapy can help you. Call for a free phone consultation: