COACHING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR CREATIVITY
AND WRITER’S BLOCK
"The perfect is the enemy of the good."
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THESE SERVICES?
- Artists, Writers, & Performers who find themselves stuck
- Students unable to finish a crucial paper or dissertation
- Community leaders or entrepreneurs who can't take their organization to the next level
- Anyone who's standing in the way of their own personal or professional advancement
Some people find their way to my office because they're frustrated at not being able to sustain their creative impulses and see them through to fruition. Others want to break through to a new level - get out of a creative rut. Still others have been denied promotions because they simply cannot get themselves to speak publicly. Many have become increasingly paralyzed and filled with self reproach. Not surprisingly, being stuck in your head with thoughts of what a lousy job you're doing (or not doing!) does NOT help you become more creative.
WHAT GETS IN THE WAY OF CREATIVITY?
- Difficulty accepting the fits and starts of the creative process
- Life turmoil
- Being overwhelmed by the scope of a project
- Substance abuse
- Performance anxiety
- Fear of failure
- Fear of making a fool of yourself
- Guilt about surpassing others
COACHING FOR CREATIVITY HELPS YOU...
- Tackle small tasks
- Write/paint/speak now - and edit/improve/sharpen later
- Break a project down into it's component parts
The goal of coaching for creativity is to get you unstuck. Excellence is a noble goal, but you won’t get there if you’re unable to budge until everything is perfect. Coaching will teach you to accept your first draft as a work in progress. You’ll be freed up to shape and reshape it as you go.
PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR CREATIVITY...
- Addresses underlying psychological factors inhibiting the creative process
- Uncovers the unhelpful beliefs which fuel your performance anxiety
- Helps you stop avoiding and start creating
The goals of psychotherapy for creativity are to have you understand the source of your blocks and get you out of your own way. To do that, it’s sometimes necessary to dig deep and face aspects of yourself and your history you may have been avoiding for a long time. You’ll be encouraged to take another look at the story you tell about your life. It may be limiting you in ways you haven’t realized.
For over twenty years I've worked successfully with artists, musicians, writers and students - - helping them start and finish paintings, albums, novels and dissertations. I also teach seminars on the creative process.
As a student of Japanese flower arranging (Ikebana) since 1999, I'm personally familiar with the search for beauty and with what it takes to grapple with creative inspiration and frustration.
Don't stay stuck. Call today for your free initial phone consultation.
707.745.8906 or 415.925.8511